Monday, April 19, 2010

Day one over

I've made it to Paris. Long trip - left Robert's house in Stockerau (just north of Vienna) at 8am. 40 minutes train to Vienna, underground to the main Vienna station. 7 hour trip to Frankfurt on a very packed train. People were in the aisles, on the floor, everywhere. I took a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkEl2ORBV5Q

My next trip was a 4 hour train to Paris. I arrived in my hotel in Paris at just after 11pm tonight - 15 hours after first starting this morning. And there is nearly two full days to go yet.

So that's 3 countries in one day. I'm now in my 5th different bed in 6 days.

In a cruel twist of fate, the hotel shares its name with another hotel 1km down the same road!!!! Google maps only showed one and of course it was the wrong one. So just when I thought I had reached the end of a long day, I had another 10 min walk.

Journos contacting me via twitter - I'm more than happy to tell my story. I know there are people out there in worse situations but I want to stick the knife into the airline for how they treated me on Sunday.

Slight worry that my Eurostar booking may not be as confirmed as I want it to be. Will be on to the travel agent in the morning.

Feeling tired, frustrated, emotional, fed up.

Can't wait to get home to see Emma and the boys.

Some pix:
All seems quite quiet on the platform. Then...














The view from my seat on the Vienna to Frankfurt train.















The Frankfurt Paris train reached 320km/h, or 200mph. Pretty fast! (though he's slowed down a bit in this pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment